To have a church of every age, race and color putting their relationship with God first, meeting together regularly to worship Him and becoming one in Christ
• to develop a plan to reach every household in our surrounding area with the good news of Jesus Christ
• to equip every member of Rockville COGOP to share their faith effectively
• to identify those with the gift of evangelism and deploy them effectively
• to devise and promote a program of seeker-friendly services and events
• to enable Rockville COGOP members to grow in their Christian faith through teaching on maturity and membership of the body of Christ
• to enable Rockville COGOP members to identify, understand and deploy their spiritual gifts
• to encourage personal Bible study and prayer through the provision of resources as appropriate
• to provide opportunities, resources and stimulus for corporate prayer and further study to deepen personal faith
• to provide a program of courses for training in Christian living, within an annual framework
• to motivate practical, prayerful and financial support of Mission through regular Bible teaching and News events from mission areas everywhere
• to ensure the visibility of Rockville COGOP - supported mission partners
• to continue the practice of mission giving
• to enable every person attending Rockville COGOP regularly to gain a thorough understanding of the Bible
• to provide biblically sound teaching that has clear application and motivational impact on the daily lives of the congregation of Rockville COGOP and our visitors
• to facilitate a range of worship styles that is appropriate to the ages, traditions and nationalities represented in the Rockville COGOP congregation
• to ensure that our Bible study sessions including our education hour session on Sunday's become more relevant to the needs of our people
Women's Ministry Vision Verse - John 13:34-35
"A new command I give you, that you love one another. Even as I have loved you, you must love one another. By this the world will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
Our mission is three fold:
To build intentional relationships by:
widening our circle of friendships among women within and without the church family
spending purposeful time with women outside the family of God
building relationships with shelter's for battered and abused women and children
To strengthen women by:
spending time in the Word of God
entering the Word of God in our conversations when we are together
prioritizing time for worship and prayer
encouraging women to participate in a small group family
Serving God by using our giftedness for the benefits of others by:
adjusting our time to express care and meet needs of others
becoming equipped in the skills needed for ministry within the body
becoming equipped in the skills needed to reach the lost by multiplying leaders through a coaching/mentoring process
RCOGOP Men’s Ministry Vision & Values Statement
The RCOGOP Men's Ministry vision is for men to be U-S-E-D by God for His Glory
Uniting all men to serve God through evangelism;
Supporting men in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ (fellowship);
Equipping men for an eternal legacy as Disciples of Jesus Christ (service).
Developing the personal skills necessary for men to be the spiritual leaders of their families & church (discipleship);
To accomplish this vision, we value:
Growth -- increasing our knowledge and appreciation of our Lord Jesus Christ and understanding our role in the church, our families, community and work (Colossians 1:9-12);
Relationships – connecting with and forming lifelong bonds with our brothers in Christ (Philippians 2:1-3);
Outreach – reaching-out and touching our community with God’s love through service and various men’s activities (1 Peter 4:10-14).
We will look at the early church in Acts 1 & 2 and examine the lives of the men who were called by Jesus to follow Him. As usual, the speakers will challenge, equip and encourage us to learn and put into practice the very principles that Jesus taught His disciples about the Gospel. You will see that if Jesus can use twelve ordinary men to change the world, then He can use you and me to do the same.
We will support this through various activities for men
• to create opportunities to share the gospel
• to develop a program of challenging teaching and exciting activities that inspire children to greater commitment
• to deliver a leaders’ succession plan that results in continuity of provision and growth
• to establish communication with parents that engages them in the Christian upbringing of their children and in Children’s Ministry
• to equip and encourage every one of our young people to share the gospel through training in personal witness
• to develop and deliver a structured curriculum for a life of godly discipleship
• to build and maintain a team of reliable and fully trained youth leaders
• to provide young people with opportunities to develop their leadership skills for Christian ministry
• to equip every young person attending Rockville COGOP regularly with the knowledge and skills to sustain their Christian lives in adulthood
Mission Statement for Youth Ministry
The mission in youth ministry is to actively invite every youth to commit to a personal relationship and everlasting adventure with Jesus Christ, mentoring them towards wholeness within a supportive church community and empowering them to bring healing and hope to the world.
Vision: Healing & Hope
God calls us to be followers of Jesus Christ and, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to grow as communities of grace, joy and peace, so that God's healing and hope flow through us to the world.
To follow Jesus Christ more faithfully, we are called to mentor youth to love God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength.
As we: enrich our prayer, worship, and study of Scriptures and offer all that we are and have to God.
providing an environment where a commitment to Christ is encouraged
nurturing spiritual disciplines such as prayer, scripture reading, regular devotions,
solitude, reflection and fasting discipline through
biblical teaching encouraging healthy self-esteem and respect for one's body as the temple of God
modeling biblical stewardship in all areas of life advocating love, peace and justice as the Christian way of life guiding responsible decision-making in ethical & lifestyle choices
teaching the biblical way of conflict resolution
To grow as communities of grace, joy, and peace we want to invite all youth to be an integral part of congregational life. As we call and nurture congregational leaders for ministry in a changing environment.
practice love, forgiveness, and hospitality that affirm our diversity and heal our brokenness.
• to explain the purpose and benefits of Small Groups and encourage every member of Rockville COGOP to join one
• to identify, plan and deliver the leadership training and resourcing required to grow our small groups
• to conduct a spiritual and organisational health check on all of our Small Groups annually
• to develop and implement working practices for pastoral care provision that ensure full awareness and effective management of pastoral needs
• to identify, plan and deliver the training required by Ministry Heads and the Pastoral Care Team to equip them to provide appropriate pastoral care
• to deliver appropriate and timely spiritual, emotional and practical pastoral care referring cases to specialists, as required
Strategy & Operations
• to provide worship-enhancing facilities which are appropriate to our needs and which support the accommodation requirements of every ministry area and internal user
• to deliver a vision and plan for buildings enhancement, extension and utilisation
• to ensure prudent financial management delivered in accordance with the required standards of accounting practice
It is our prayerful hope that the tangible goals contained in this Plan will be achieved, by God's grace, as we maintain the following distinctive values:
We believe that Biblical teaching anointed by the Holy Spirit is the catalyst for individual and corporate transformation (Romans 12:7; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; James 1:23-25)
We believe that lost people matter to God, and therefore, ought to matter to the Church. This is the reason for our commitment to relational evangelism as well as organised evangelistic events (Luke 5:30-32; Luke 15; Matthew 18:14)
We believe that the Church should be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
We believe that Christ's followers should demonstrate authenticity and yearn for continuous growth (Ephesians 4:25-32; Hebrews 12:1; Philippians 1:6)
We believe that the Church should operate as a unified community of servants stewarding their spiritual gifts (1 Corinthians 12 & 14; Romans 12; Ephesians 4)
We believe that loving relationships should permeate every aspect of Church life. This includes the principle of servant-hood and commitment to relationship building (1 Corinthians 13; Nehemiah 3; Luke 10:1; John 13:34-35)
We believe that life-change happens best in small groups. This is the reason for our commitment to small groups to facilitate fellowship, teaching and ministry (Luke 6:12-13; Acts 2:44-47)
We believe that excellence in all we do honors God and inspires people (Colossians 3:17; Malachi 1:6-14; Proverbs 27:17)
We believe that churches should be led by those with leadership gifts. This is the reason for our commitment to shared leadership, continuous training and the evaluation of gifts and abilities (Nehemiah 1 & 2; Romans 12:8; Acts 6:2-5)
We believe that full devotion to Christ and serving His cause is normal for every believer. This includes the concept of stewardship, servant-hood, and discipleship (1 Kings 11:4; Philippians 2:1-11; 2 Corinthians 8:7)
Copyright 2013 Rockville Church of God of Prophecy. All rights reserved.